What you’ll get
Duration : 9 days / 8 night(s)
Departure : Siem Reap, Cambodia
Suitable : Family, Friend, Honey moon Couple, All of people
Type : Land tour
In this 9 day trip, you’ll visit the Wonder of the World – Angkor Temples (Cambodia) and The World Heritage Site of Halong Bay plus trekking to the hill tribe villages in Sapa, Vietnam… The tour combines the highlights of Cambodia and Vietnam on a trip that takes you from South to North. Start with a visit to the ancient Angkor temples of Khmer kingdom and explore the legendary Angkor Wat. Then travel to North Vietnam to discover the colorful cultures of the hill tribe peoples and sail through the mystical Halong Bay.
- Have opportunity to visit the Wonder of the World - Angkor Temples and The World Heritage Site of Halong Bay
- Experience trekking in Sapa and its breathtaking views of cloud-woven mountaintops and gaping valleys
- Explore Vietnam’s charming capital with its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas
- 8 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinners
- A/C transfer, Cruise, Airplane, Train
- Cruise Cabin, Hotel, Sleeper Train
- Price Includes
- English-speaking guides
- Flight ticket from Siem Reap to Hanoi
- Transportations by private car with A/C
- Accommodation (3 star hotel in average)
- Breakfast & meals per mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance fees, performances, boat trips & excursions
- Return train ticket Hanoi – Laocai – Hanoi (in a shared 4 berths cabin)
- Price Excludes
- Tips, Travel insurance
- Vietnam & Cambodia Visa
- Flight into Cambodia & out Vietnam
- Beverages & other personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 22 days before arrival: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 15-21 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations and nonrefundable flight/train ticket…
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received/confirmed by Asia Package Travel
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using his own bed
- Day 1: Siem Reap Arrival
Welcome to Siem Reap, the gateway into the Angkor temples of Cambodia. Designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the Angkor Archaeological Park encompasses dozens of temple ruins including Bayon, Banteay Srei and the legendary Angkor Wat. Upon arrival, your tour guide and driver will welcome you at the airport and drive you to the hotel to check in. Spend the rest of the day to enjoy the pool of hotel or take a short walk to Old Market in the center of Siem Reap City.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap
- Day 2: Siem Reap – Angkor Temples
Enjoy an entire day dedicated to discovering the mysterious Angkor temples. Wake before dawn and take a “tuk-tuk” ride to visit the magnificent Angkor Wat - the largest Khmer temple and finest example of Angkorian art and architecture.
Return to hotel for breakfast then set back out on the tour to visit the jungle-entwined temple, Ta Prohm. From there you will proceed to Angkor Thom’s imposing South Gate, topped with the four serenely smiling faces of Avalokiteshvara. Next, visit Bayon Temple, the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King.
Accommodation: Hotel in Siem Reap
- Day 3: Siem Reap – Tonle Sap Lake – Hanoi
Immerse yourself in the rich culture surrounding Siem Reap on a boat tour along Tonle Sap Lake. After breakfast at the hotel, you will take a short walk through a tranquil Siem Reap neighborhood to learn about the local way of life before driving to Tonle Sap Lake to board a local boat for a cruise through the floating villages.
Return to Siem Reap for lunch then drive to the airport to catch your flight to Vietnam’s capital, Hanoi, where your driver and guide will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 4: Hanoi City Tour – Night train to Lao Cai
Today you have a full day to explore Vietnam’s charming capital. With its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas, Hanoi is an eclectic mix that offers something for everyone. Your city tour will take you to Hanoi’s key sites: the Ho Chi Minh Complex (Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and stilt house); the Presidential Palace; the nearby One Pillar Pagoda; the Old Quarter; the Temple of Literature; West Lake; the sedate Tran Quoc Pagoda & Quan Thanh Temple; and one of the city's museums (a choice between the History Museum and the Ethnology Museum).
In the evening enjoy a traditional Water Puppet performance - an unique Vietnamese art form hailing from Southeast Asia’s wet-rice culture before heading to the train station to catch your night train to Lao Cai.
Accommodation: Overnight on the train
- Day 5: Lao Cai – Sapa
Your train arrives at the Lao Cai station in the early morning. Lao Cai is a charming hilltop town near the Chinese border. Explore downtown Lao Cai and have breakfast at a local noodle house. After breakfast your driver and guide will take you to one of the local markets (Bac Ha Fair market on Sun/ Coc Ly on Tue and Can Cau on Sat).
Wander through the stalls packed with hand-crafted goods peddled by the various hill tribe people who come here to buy and sell their wares. In the afternoon, continue on your way to Sapa: Northwest Vietnam’s premier travel destination, famous for its breathtaking views of cloud-woven mountaintops and gaping valleys.
Accommodation: Hotel in Sapa
- Day 6: Sapa – Trekking to Hill tribe villages – Night train to Hanoi
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel, before setting out on a full day’s trek to explore Sapa’s cultural diversity and haunting natural beauty. You will take a guided hike through yawning valleys decorated with terraced rice fields and pass through remote hill tribe villages.
You have three trekking options to choose from: Soft trek (~ 3km), medium trek (~ 6km) and long trek (~12km). Trekking is an excellent way to explore the daily life and familiarize yourself with the cultures of the H’mong, Dzao and Dzay people who populate the region. Lunch at a hill tribe village and then we drive back to Lao Cai to catch your return night train to Hanoi.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Overnight on the train
- Day 7: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Overnight on cruise
Arrive in Hanoi in the early morning. Your driver and guide will meet you at the railway station and take you for a breakfast at a local restaurant before setting out on a 3 to 4 hour drive to the UNESCO World Heritage Site: Halong Bay. Here you will spend 24 hours on a traditional Junk Cruise in the amazing Halong Bay: a natural wonderland composed of jutting limestone islands and sparkling turquoise waters. Arrive at the dock around noon and board your junk.
Savor a gourmet lunch of fresh seafood onboard as we sail out into the mystical bay. In the afternoon, you will cruise around some of Halong’s numerous islands, visit one of the most beautiful caves on Halong Bay. Stop on an island cove with a sheltered white-sand beach and take a dip in the warm waters of the Gulf of Tonkin (weather permitting). Spend the night on the junk, lulled to sleep by the gentle rocking of calm waters.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Halong cruise
- Day 8: Halong Bay – Hanoi
Awake early and participate in Tai Chi exercise on the top deck or simply relax and enjoy the sunrise over the bay’s towering islands. Enjoy a morning cup of coffee or tea, before setting out to explore nearby islands by rowboat. Return to the junk for breakfast then take advantage of the sundeck and admire the amazing rock formations of Bai Tu Long Bay as you will navigate back to Halong City. Your cruise ends at noon and our driver will meet you at Halong Pier to take you back to Hanoi.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 9: Hanoi Departure
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before driving to the airport to catch your departure flight home.
- Please be aware that flight times, hotels and all other logistics, services and days of travel are subject to availability. If the listed hotel is fully booked, alternate accommodation will be offered.
- All hotels are rated according to local standards.
- All itineraries are flexible and can easily be altered to suit your needs and interests.
- Please contact one of our travel consultants for more information.
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
8.5Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
19 Feb 2019
Did the Vietnam and Cambodia trip and have to say that the trip was excellent and Kimhoun sets the standard for excellence as a guide. Included transportation was good and arranged well. Meals included at the hotel's were average and the few dinners included were good and tied to worthwhile charities. The meals that Kimhoun scouted out for us were all excellent. We were lucky and did have a group without difficult people or egos, but Kimhoun really went the extra steps to accommodate everyone. He is honestly the best.
19 Feb 2019
Amazing holiday from start to finish! Some of the hotels weren’t great but only needed some renovations/ fresh paint/ new linens! Transport was good - overnight train was fun and really clean and comfortable - tuc tuc rides are a great way to see everything- buses were always clean with air con which we needed but sometimes could have done with a bit more space for bags and a bit more leg room!! Breakfast selection varied from place to place - some great some-not so much but never bad food! Service at every hotel was great and staff were all friendly and helpful!! Kimhoun was an amazing guide who took such good care of us all the time - he encouraged us to try everything and do everything to totally experience life where we were -he arranged everything for us so we literally had nothing to worry about!! I can’t recommend him highly enough!! Never a dull moment with our group who got on really well together
16 Apr 2018
The tour was a solid well designed well-coordinated tour which (I think) covered most of important Vietnam and Cambodia sites. Halong Bay and Angkor Thom were the tour locational highlights. The hotels were all centrally located, very comfortable and had good breakfast offerings. The tour manager got us to all scheduled events with little effort on our part, introduced us to many local foods and situations and acted as interpreter and financial front man to get us involved in many enjoyable events. Nothing of the tour was jaw dropping exceptional. The hotels were solid 3 star, the transport were via clean comfortable buses, trains or planes. The food was generally solid local cuisine with some unusual offering for the adventurous