What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Mien Tay Sampan will cruise through various canals to bring you to many interesting destinations: fantastic landscapes along the Mekong River and lively floating markets. At each places, you will experience the true Mekong culture in many ways: cycle through peaceful Mekong villages and for a while, find yourself lost in the old tracks of first Mekong explorers.
- Explore the Mekong Delta’s Maze of Canal Network
- Enyoy the beautiful scenery and enjoy the magnificent sunset on the Tien river
- Experience the unique culture and enjoy the typical local dishes as well as various local tropical fruits
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus, Boat
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- All entrance fees
- Route transfers
- English or French speaking guide on board
- Boat cruising featured in the program in details
- Walking or biking tour up to health’s situation of clients
- All meals as mentioned (lunch, dinner and breakfast) and overnight on board
- Price Excludes
- Tourist insurances
- Personal expenses and any service not mentioned in the Inclusion.
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing.
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Embark My Tho - Cai Be
-08h00am: pick up at hotel in Saigon then route for My Tho (70km).
-10h00am: boarding on Mien Tay sampan in My Tho, welcome drink and check in Mien Tay sampan.
-The guests can walk through the island, trying native fruits viewing local handicraft production and meeting the local people. Then take a brief sampan ride through palm-shaded creeks.
-Back to Mien Tay sampan. Lunch served on board.
-Then cruise for Cai Be via Ngu Hiep.
-Arrive Ngu Hiep island. Disembark and leisure biking or walking tour on this island seeing daily life and local people’s activities. Leisurely cruise up the Mekong River while enjoying the beautiful scenery and enjoy the magnificent sunset on the Tien river.
-Dinner and overnight on board between Ngu Hiep island and Cai Be.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Mien Tay Sampan
- Day 2: Cai Be – Sa Dec
-In the morning, the noise of the floating market wake you up, visit the daily life of the local people who live on both sides of the Mekong river, breakfast on board, then boat depart for Cai Be.
-After breakfast, explore the lively Cai Be floating market in the morning.
-Walking for visit a handicraft village of the local people and sample various tropical fruits.
-Continue boat trip to Mekong Lodge – an eco-resort Mekong Lodge includes more than 40 private pretty bungalows and River View Restaurant, stretched in an area of more than 10000 m2 lays just beside the Tien River.
-Visit Mekong Lodge and walking around this area to see local people who are doing daily activities and preparing lunch for their families.
-Return Mien Tay sampan.
-Lunch served on board.
-After lunch, cruise depart from Cai Be to Sa Dec via My Thuan, a nice and quiet town overlooking Mekong river. Up to river tide, stop en route to visit brickyard handricarft villages a long the Mekong River.
-Relax on boat while sipping an aperitif .
-Dinner and overnight on board in Sa Dec.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Mien Tay Sampan
- Day 3: Sa Dec - Disembark
-Breakfast on board while seeing activities on Mekong River in Sa Dec in the sunrise.
-08h00 disembark and check out luggages, let them on vehicle and start excursion to visit Sa Dec town where Marguerite Duras's famous novel Lover was set and made famous by the film L’Amant, the Marguerite Duras story and explore this town.
-Visit the lively Sa Dec food market and primary school headed by Magueritte Duras, Huynh Thuy Le Old House, Kien An Cung, Cao Dai Temple.
-Visit a local garden by walking or biking along the village path and get yourself acquaintance with rural activities as farmers farm their fields and orchards.
-10h30 return Saigon by car. Drive to a restaurant in My Tho. Lunch at restaurant. End tour.
Meals: B, L
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 2 reviews
Value for money
09 Aug 2018
Great we did a 3 day tour with a private Sapan. What an experience, the Sapan is very authentically decorated with all the facilities that are needed, even WiFi. Enjoy cruising over the water, in-between cycling or walking. In this part of Vietnam you really get to know the Vietnamese world, not to see a tourist!
18 Aug 2017
Must do, arriving at the boat we had no idea of what to expect and we were amazed. A spectacular trip, beautiful vessel and a fantastic staff including a cook who gave us our introduction to the food in Vietnam. The small group of four good friends and our crew cooking and laughing together was a highlight of the trip.The 2 bedrooms were beautiful, luxurious and comfortable.Just do it and the extra you spend can be made up on the rest of the trip .