What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Mien Tay Sampan will cruise through various canals to bring you to many interesting destinations: fantastic landscapes along the Mekong River and lively floating markets. At each places, you will experience the true Mekong culture in many ways: cycle through peaceful Mekong villages and for a while, find yourself lost in the old tracks of first Mekong explorers.
- Explore the Mekong Delta’s Maze of Canal Network
- Enyoy the beautiful scenery and enjoy the magnificent sunset on the Tien river
- Experience the unique culture and enjoy the typical local dishes as well as various local tropical fruits
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Shuttle bus, Boat
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- All entrance fees
- English or French speaking guide on board
- Boat cruising featured in the program in details
- Walking or biking tour up to health’s situation of clients
- All meals as mentioned (lunch, dinner and breakfast) and overnight on board
- Price Excludes
- Tourist insurances
- Personal expenses and any service not mentioned in the Inclusion.
- Transfer Saigon - Sa Dec, My Tho - Saigon (contact us for request)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Embark Sa Dec - Cai Be
11h00am: arrive Sa Dec, visit Sa Dec town where Marguerite Duras's famous novel Lover was set and made famous by the film L’Amant, the Marguerite Duras story and explore this town.
Visit the lively Sa Dec food market and primary school headed by Magueritte Duras, Huynh Thuy Le Old House, Kien An Cung, Cao Dai Temple.
Visit a local garden by walking or biking along the village path and get yourself acquaintance with rural activities as farmers farm their fields and orchards.
13:00: Embark Mien Tay sampan, welcome drink and check in Mien Tay sampan.
Lunch served on board.
After lunch, cruise depart from Sa Dec to Cai Be via My Thuan, a nice and quiet town overlooking Mekong river. Up to river tide, stop en route to visit brickyard handricarft villages a long the Mekong River.
Relax on boat while sipping an aperitif.
Dinner and overnight on board in Cai Thia – Hoa Khanh.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Mien Tay Sampan
- Day 2: Cai Be – My Tho
Breakfast on board while seeing activities on Mekong River in Cai Be in the sunrise.
In the morning, the noise of the floating market wake you up, visit the daily life of the local people who live on both sides of the Mekong river.
After breakfast, explore the lively Cai Be floating market in the morning.
Walking for visit a handicraft village of the local people and sample various tropical fruits.
Continue boat trip to Mekong Lodge – an eco-resort Mekong Lodge includes more than 40 private pretty bungalows and River View Restaurant, stretched in an area of more than 10000 m2 lays just beside the Tien River.
Visit Mekong Lodge and walking around this area to see local people who are doing daily activities and preparing lunch for their families.
Return Mien Tay sampan.
Lunch served on board.
After lunch, cruise depart from Cai Be to My Tho via Ngu Hiep island.
02h30pm: arrive Ngu Hiep island. Disembark and leisure biking or walking tour on this island seeing daily life and local people’s activities. Leisurely cruise down the Mekong River while enyoying the beautiful scenery and enjoy the magnificent sunset on the Tien river.
Dinner and overnight on board between Ngu Hiep island and My Tho.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Mien Tay Sampan
- Day 3: My Tho - Disembark
-In the morning, the noise of the boats wake you up, watch the daily life of the local people who live on both sides of the Mekong river, breakfast on board.
-Continue cruising to My Tho.
-After breakfast, check out luggages to small motor boat to explore one of the islands in My Tho.
-The guests can walk throught the island, trying native fruits viewing local handicraft production and meeting the local people. Then take a brief sampan ride through palm-shaded creeks.
-Lunch on board or at restaurant (up to the schedule of Mien Tay Sampan).
-Disembark in My Tho and return to the vehicle.
-Leave My Tho and route for Saigon. End tour
Meals: B, L
- We also provide private transfer from/to Saigon upon request
Questions & Answers
9.9Based on 4 reviews
Value for money
01 Apr 2014
Fantastic trip - watching life on the river is extraordinary. Boat very comfortable and food fantastic. Staff very friendly and obliging - we had a young local lady who was our guide and she was superb, she knew everything and made the trip exceptionally interesting - thank you
25 Jun 2013
19 Jun 2013
This is one of the best tours we have experienced, I would recommend everyone staying in HCMC to put it on their must do list. The scenery, tranquility and beauty floating down the river was spectacular. We visited many islands on the way which showed rural life along the Mekong.
19 Dec 2012
Our guide took us from Saigon to the delta. the car trip took about 2 hours. She arranged a Mekong Delta guide for us and a boat, all for our selves, so my hubby and I were the only tourists on board. It is affordable and relaxed. At the first island we visited we could taste all kinds of fruit that grows there. we got tea with it and listened to traditional Vietnamese songs, song by musicians. Our guide translated what the songs meant. Very endearing. On the second island they made toffees from coconut milk in different flavours.The process of making was shown and They were delicious, because you could try them, just freshly made :D. We could try making rice paper, but of course that was no success by our inexperienced hands. Handeling the snake went much better. On the third island we had the best Vietnamese lunch ever, with many dishes to try, in the middle of the bush. After lunch went on a pony cart and finished in a small boat that rowed us around the island. That peaceful and green tour was charming.