What you’ll get
Duration : 12 days 11 nights
Departure : Vientiane
Suitable : Friends, Family, Couples, Solo travelers...
Type : Land tour
Laos & Vietnam still keep hidden beauty that attracts many love travellers. Joining this tour, you will have a chance to see all the must- see destinations and the highlighted sites in Laos and Vietnam. Discover the intact charming of Indochina in Laos by visiting Vientiane and Luang Prabang. Explore the immemorial beauty in Vietnam by traveling to wonderful places such as Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Hue, Ho Chi Minh and the Mekong Delta. Do not miss the chance to feel the oriental charm!
- Experience rural life of Mekong Delta and feel the exciting city
- Visit Vientiane Capital, the attractive and fascinating capital
- Discover the Imperial Citadel to understand more about Vietnam's history
- Enjoy a stunning scenery in one of the natural wonders of the world, Halong bay
- Visit Royal Palace in Luang Prabang to see many tasteful accents of traditional Lao Culture
- Explore Pak Ou Caves - home of many Buddha Images on the limestone cliff through centuries
- Discover Hanoi highlight in famous site as: Ho Chi Minh Complex, One Pillar Pagoda,Temple of Literature
- Start a fascinating walking trip through the narrow winding streets to discover deeply the old port city-Hoi An
- 10 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 1 Dinner, 1 Brunch
- A/C transfer, Cruise, Airplane
- Cruise Cabin, Hotel
- Price Includes
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of local English speaking guides in every location
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation share in twin/double with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Price Excludes
- International flight
- Personal travel insurance
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Domestic flights Vientiane - Luang Prabang - Hanoi - Da Nang - Ho Chi Minh
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Vientiane arrival
Upon arrival, you will be warmly welcomed by our local guide. Then he will transfer you to hotel in Vientiane – the delightfully friendly capital. Check in your hotel and free at leisure.
In the afternoon, our local guide will give you an interesting orientation about the beautiful capital when walking around the hotel area. You will have chance to immerse in romantic scenery on the riversides, especially when the sun sink into the Mekong Delta River.
- Day 2: Vientiane City Tour
Today, we will spend full day to explore the attractive and fascinating capital that is on the banks of Mekong River and still is refreshingly laid back. We will take a visit to many key sites: National Museum (Lao National History Museum) – the best place to learn about the history, cultural and people of Laos, Wat Sisaket - is well known for its cloister wall of housing thousands of tiny Buddha images and rows with hundreds of seated Buddha. The pagoda is not only famous by the cloister wall but also it also has beautiful architecture and layout with history dated back to the 17th century. After that, we continue to visit Haw Phra Kaeo – one of the most impressive and interesting of temples in Laos, and as a home of the Emerald Buddha in the courtyards filled with frangipani trees.
In the afternoon, we will explore Morning Market – the cavernous original market is recommended to visit before exploring Pha That Luang – the most important national monument in Laos. It is a symbol of Buddhist religion and Lao sovereignty. Then, you will climb the Arc De Triomphe of Laos, Patuxai. The massive arch has a beautiful mosaic tiled ceiling and once at the top you can see for miles around Vientiane.
- Day 3: Vientiane – Luang Prabang
After breakfast at your hotel, free at leisure until be transferred to the airport to take flight to Luang Prabang – the ancient royal capital of Lan Xang Kingdom until 1545 and also be considered as the heart of Laotian cultures by many visitors.
Upon arrival, you will be warmly welcomed and escorted to your hotel. The balance of the day, you will visit Royal Palace (original name -Haw Kham). The museum is well worth a couple of hours of your time if you want to learn more about Lao history and culture. Original residence of King, the museum was in the French style, with many tasteful accents of traditional Lao Culture.
Next, we will ascend 328 steps to Mount Phousi – the hill is popular to watch at the sunrise and set over the Mekong River. From here, you will have a spectacular 360 - degree outlook across the city and its many temples, surrounding landscape to the mountain in the distance before wandering the hill tribe market many traditional textiles and handicrafts made by the hill tribes.
Meals: B, D
- Day 4: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Caves – Fly to Hanoi
After breakfast, you will board on a cruise along the Mekong River to visit Pak Ou Caves – the symbol of religious at Luang Prabang where is home of many Budda Images on the limestone cliff through centuries. In the afternoon, you will take a cultural tour to visit the gilded temples such as Wat Mai, Wat Sensoukarahm and Wat Xieng Thong.
You will take the flight to Hanoi later in the afternoon.
- Day 5: Hanoi City Tour
Today, we will spend full day to discovery Hanoi – The antique and dynamic capital of Vietnam.
In the morning, our guide will escort with you to some key sites: Ho Chi Minh Complex (the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, his stilt house), the President Palace and One Pillar Pagoda. Then we will visit the Temple of Literature – the first university of Vietnam.
Enjoy your lunch at local restaurant.
In the afternoon, we will continue to discover Hanoi Culture in one of these museums: Ethnology Museum, History Museum, Hoa Lo Prison Museum, Woman Museum… Next, we will discover the various architecture of Hanoi and its famous 36 streets of Old Quarter by combine between walking and cycling. After walking around Hoan Kiem Lake – a symbol of the Hanoi city, enjoy a performance of traditional water puppet show.
Come back your hotel for relaxing.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 6: Hanoi – Halong Bay
After breakfast, you will leave Hanoi for a journey to Halong Bay via Red River Delta. You will have time to enjoy many picturesque countryside landscapes along the road. Upon arrival, you are welcome by cruise’s staff and get on the boat. Enjoy your lunch when the boat going among unspoilt limestone islets of Halong Bay. Then visit one of the most amazing caves in Halong Bay and relax at a beach by sunbathing, swimming…or have a great time to view the sunset on the bay from sundeck. After the sun sets, enjoy a romantic dinner on the boat before retiring to your cabin for a good night’s sleep.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 7: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Flight to Da Nang – Hoi An
Wake up on the bay to the sounds of waves and bird welcoming the new day. You will have an opportunity to view the sunrise over the bay.
Your boat will cruise back to Halong Pier through spectacular karts and limestone rock formations, you will have leisurely morning and visit a beautiful cave before taste your brunch on-board. Your driver will meet you at the dock for the transfer to Noi Bai Airport to take flight to Da Nang
When arrive Hue, our driver will transfer you to your hotel in Hoi An and free at leisure at the rest of the day
Meals: B, Br
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An
- Day 8: Hoi An Walking Tour – Boat Trip
After breakfast, we will start a fascinating walking trip through the narrow winding streets to discover deeply the old port city. The old town was best known as the bustling port from 16th to 18th century where many traders from Chinese, French, Dutch, Arabs, Japanese trading. Your trip will bring you to 200-year old Tam Ky house, Japanese Bridge, Chua Ong Pagoda, Chiness Assembly Hall.
Enjoy your lunch at local restaurant. After lunch, we will take a short boat trip to visit a old handicraft village – where you can learn more about how to make ceramic of local people. We will return your hotel for relaxing at the rest of the day.
Meals: B, L
- Day 9: Hoi An – Da Nang – Hue
In this morning, our driver will pick you at your hotel and then transfer to Hue Imperial City – the most important historical and cultural monument of Vietnam which was recognized as World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Along the way, we will stop in the proximity of Da Nang for the “best coastal way” Hai Van pass, Marble Mountain with a handicraft village or Cham museum for a glimpse of Cham Kingdom once dominated across Indochina.
Upon arrival to Hue, have lunch at local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will take a boat along the Perfume River to visit Thien Mu Pagoda. The pagoda is one of the oldest and prettiest religious buildings in the country. Then we will discover the Imperial Citadel, the construction began between 1804 and 1833 under the Nguyen dynasty, surrounded as a fortification guarded by 80 bunkers and a deep trench of 40m large, connected by a bridge in front of the ten-gates. Then make your way to the Hue Royal Antiques Museum to see a collection of ornaments from that time.
Round off the day by visiting local Dong Ba Market to have a glimpse of local people life.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Hue
- Day 10: Hue – Ho Chi Minh
After breakfast, our diver will pick you at hotel and transfer to the Hue Airport (Phu Bai Airport) to take the flight to Ho Chi Minh City. Arrive Ho Chi Minh city in the late morning. Have lunch at your own at the downtown restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will enjoy a half-day city tour to visit the most sites of Ho Chi Minh city such as: War Remnants Museum, Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and City’s Centre Post Office. After that, we will explore more about the Ethnic Chinese district with Binh Tay Market – where vendors display a vast array of goods and handicrafts.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon
- Day 11: Ho Chi Minh – Mekong Delta Trip
Today we depart from Ho Chi Minh City to explore Ben Tre in the Mekong Delta (130km - 2.5 - 3 hour driving). Pick up at the Phong Nam pier. Get on boat and will cruise along the Chet Say river (a branch of the Mekong) and stop off at various local work places to give you a picture of how the local economy works: visit the brick kilns; coconut activated charcoal factory where coconut shell is put into high heat kiln to produce coconut charcoal ; a coconut processing workshop, where you can sample fresh coconut and see how every single part of this versatile nut is turned into food and other products.
Then the boat will cruise through the small canal, discover the local life. The boat will then stop at a quiet village where you can have a short walk to experience real Delta village life, visit a mat weaving house, where straw mats are woven using a hand loom – you can even have a go at weaving yourself before boarding your xeloi (a kind of motorized rickshaw) or biking into the village where you can see farm, rice field and vegetable plan before stopping at a local house for a delicious and filling lunch, featuring such local specialties as elephant-ear fish and river shrimp, washed down with some cold drinks or beers.
It’s time to board a sampan for a relaxing trip along narrow canals. Take a boat back to the pier. After that, transfer back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon
- Day 12: Ho Chi Minh Departure
Free at your leisure in the morning. You room is available until 12:00 pm.
Our driver will transfer you to the airport to take your departure flight. End services. Hope to serve you again.
- Special request: provide upon request
- What to bring: passport, camera, good shoes + personal medicines
- Transport: A/C vehicles with complementary water
- Flight: Economy class
- Child under 2 years old: surcharge 20% flight ticket
- Child from 2 to under 8: surcharge 50% flight ticket
- Maximum 01 child sharing room with 2 adults
- Train: Deluxe tourist class, 4 pax/cabin
- Room plan: twin/double sharing (triple upon request)
- Accommodations: subject to change due to tour option and availability at the time of booking.
- Vietnam Visa: required for most of foreigner tourists, contact us if you need visa support.
- Holiday surcharge: 10% for Christmas, New Year and Vietnamese Lunar New Year
- Prebooking: Contact us before booking if you are solo travelers or want triple room or have different arrival/departure time
Standard package: 2* hotels, 2* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Superior package: 3* hotels, 3* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Deluxe package: 4* hotels, 4* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Luxury package: 5* hotels (or 4*++), 5* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
8.4Based on 2 reviews
Value for money
20 Feb 2019
Great way to get around South East Asia which is hassle free, safe and guaranteed to mix with other travellers. It flexible but still offers the benefit of a local guide, organised transport and with the addition of travelling to more remote locations off the beaten track.
21 Jun 2016
The trip was an amazing experience. The guides knew what they were talking about and made everything interesting and exciting. Accommodation was clean and went above our expectations. The traveling was a little bit tedious...especially when we are not hopping off. It didn't help that the third bus per week was not running which meant we couldn't stay as long as we wanted. Overall, really happy with the trip as a whole.