What you’ll get
Duration : 15 days 14 nights
Departure : Luang Prabang
Suitable : Friends, Family, Couples, All of people
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88VP13
Immerse yourself in the most incredible diversity of Vietnam & Laos, you will get the most fantastic experiences in this trip. Travel from the cosmopolitan Saigon to picturesque Hoi An, from the extensive waters of the Mekong to the serene Halong Bay. Walk through the charming city of Hanoi, enjoy an exciting cyclo ride to Hue’s Imperial Citadel and learn to cook delicious local meals,you will realize how Vietnam's beauty is. Besides, you will have a chance to witness the peace and charm of Laos with its many wonderful landmarks.
- Admire the wonderful beauty of Halong Bay
- Discover colorful lanterns of Hoi An Ancient town at night by your own way
- Witness the magic of Plain of Jar and take photos and visit various hill tribe villages
- Take a trip to visit the towering Thien Mu Pagoda,the tombs of emperors Minh Mang
- Travel through Hai Van Tunnels for a visit to the Cham Museum and handicraft villages at the foot of Marble Mountain
- Take a trip around Mekong Delta to discover floating market, local workshops, an coconut factory and ancient house
- Explore Luang Prabang City, spend your time on visiting the National Museum, once the King's palace, Wat Xieng Thong, Pak Ou Buddha Caves
- Visit must - see destinations in Hanoi Capital like: Ho Chi Minh Complex,One Pillar Pagoda,Temple of Literature,Ethnology Museum, Old Quarter
- Discovery hidden charm of Vientiane City and watch Laos’ most significant national monument: Pha That Luang & Patuxai - Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph
- Visit some sites in Ho Chi Minh city as the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Old Post Office and Ben Thanh
- 13 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 1 Dinner, 1 Brunch
- A/C transfer, Airplane
- Hotel, cruise
- Price Includes
- All sightseeing tickets
- Local English speaking guide
- AC land transfer in Car/ Minivan
- Services charges and government tax
- Vietnam visa Approval letter (single entry)
- Accommodation shared in Twin/Double room with daily breakfast
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Dinner)
- Halong Bay Cruise program shared in Twin/Double cabin as per tour
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- International flights & departures taxes
- Other services are not mentioned above
- EARLY Check in & LATE Check out at hotel
- Peak season surcharge & compulsory dinner in the accommodation
- 4 Domestic flights Luang Prabang - Vientiane - Hanoi - Hue - Ho Chi Minh
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Luang Prabang arrival
Upon arrival to Luang Prabang International Airport, we will welcome you and transport you the hotel in town. The remainder of the day we will be spent visiting the National Museum, once a king's palace. The architecture of the building has a mixed of traditional Lao motifs and French Beaux Arts styles, and has been laid out in a double-cruciform shape with the entrance on one side of the lower crossbar. Above the entrance is a three-headed elephant sheltered by the sacred white parasol, the symbol of the Lao monarchy Displayed inside is a lovely collection of personal artifacts of the royal family, including photos, musical instruments, and many gifts received from the dignitaries of foreign countries.
- Day 2: Luang Prabang
After breakfast in the hotel, we will take a Mekong Riverboat trip with your guide to visit the famous & sacred Pak Ou Buddha Caves that divided into two caves: Tam Ting (below cave) and Tam Phum (above cave). This cave contains over 4000 ancient statue that at least 300 years old with lot size and shape, all statue inside this cave was collected and kept here to hide away from enemy while Luang Prabang was invading. Upon return, visit Por Sa Paper Handicraft & textile area at Ban Xang Khong.
We will enjoy lunch in town with an afternoon visit to magnificent Wat Xiengthong—one of the oldest temple and most important temples of Luang Prabang - Wat Xieng Thong is the main temple surrounded by the lot of small temple same architecture style. The name of the temple means “Temple of Golden city”. Then our tour continues to seeing the impressive Stupa of Wat Visoun and the shrines of Wat Aham and Wat Mai. The rest of the day is spent at your leisure, relaxing in one of the city’s many quirky cafés or strolling along the beautiful riverbank.
- Day 3: Luang Prabang – Xieng Khouang (Plain of Jars) – Phonsavan
Today we drive from Luang Prabang to Xieng Khuang, passing through Laos’ pristine countryside. This is long drive with spectacular views of Laos’ rain forest and mountain ranges. Along the way we will stop for photo opportunities and visit various hill tribe villages. Upon arrival in Phonsavan, check-in at your hotel and relax.
Meals: B, D
- Day 4: The Plain of Jars
In the 18th and at the beginning of the 19th century, Xieng Khouang was the center of a kingdom of the Hmong (Meo). In 1832, it was conquered by the Vietnamese, annexing the entire region. The town of Xieng Khouang was badly destroyed by US air force during the Vietnam War. Even though it has been rebuilt in 1975, the name Xieng Khouang is now primarily used in reference to the province of the same name.
The highlight of our visit here is the "Plain of Jars." Scattered over the plain are hundreds of enormous limestone jars, each about 1 to 2.5 meters high, with a diameter of about 1 meter. There is still no explanation as how the clay jars found their way onto the plain, nor what purpose they served. Archaeologists have come up with the wildest theories, among them a claim declaring them brewery cauldrons. More likely, the jars are enormous urns.
- Day 5: Phonsavan – Flight to Vientiane
Enjoy breakfast in the hotel and be ready for the flight to Vientiane - Laos’ eccentric capital, visiting all the city’s key attractions. Start the tour with a stop at Vientiane’s oldest temple, Wat Sisaket with thousands of silver and porcelain images in the gloriously authentic temple compound and is a museum - which holds over 8000 books and 6840 valuable statues made of many materials such as copper, stone, wood, silver or plaster. Next, we visit Haw Pha Kaew -the royal temple that once housed the famous Emerald Buddha - previously temple where the royal family was often come to pray, before continuing on to Laos’ most significant national monument: Pha That Luang. We conclude our tour at Patuxai, known as Vientiane’s own Arc de Triumph.
- Day 6: Vientiane – Flight to Hanoi (Vietnam)
Today we will fly from Vientiane to Hanoi, check in the hotel and relax after a long journey.
Hanoi is a lovely city with lakes, fine boulevards and flourishing parks, as well as having a public centre that is an architectural museum piece. Hanoi is situated on the right bank of the Red River (Song Hong), which is spanned by the old Long Bien Bridge and some new, modern Bridge.
- Day 7: Hanoi City Tour
Our car & guide ready at your hotel for Hanoi City Tour today. Firstly, visit Ho Chi Minh Complex: Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, his house on stilt, the botanical garden and the Presidential palace while learning about his life and revolutionary activities. This used to be the residence of the Governor of Indochina. After 1954, it was named the Presidential Palace and became the place where Ho Chi Minh lived and worked until he passed away in 1969.
On the way out visit One Pillar Pagoda. The pagoda was constructed in 1049 by King Ly Thai Tong according to his dream of Bodhisattva seating on a lotus flower and led him to the pagoda. In 1954, the French before their with drawer destroyed the pagoda. After taking over the city on October 10 1954, Vietnam Ministry of Culture restored the pagoda. The pagoda of today remains since this restoration.
Arriving at the Temple of Literature, this is the combination of the Confucius Temple worshiping Confucius, which was built in 1070, and the first Royal National university in Vietnam built 6 years later in 1076. Considered as “an escape” from the bustling city, this temple and its beautiful garden provide an opportunity to learn more about education in Vietnam since 1000 years ago until recent history.
Continue to visit the interesting Museum. There are some options that you can choose one of them such as Ethnology Museum.
Visit Hoan Kiem Lake (Restored Sword lake) and Ngoc Son Temple. Situated in the heart of Hanoi, the lake got its name according to a legend story. In the 15th century during the Ming Chinese invasion, General Le Loi was presented with a holy sword. With the help of this sword, he expelled the Chinese from Thang Long, present-day of Hanoi and proclaimed himself as King Le Thai To. One day, when the king was sailing on the lake, suddenly a golden turtle emerged from the water and claimed back the sword which has been believed given to him by God. Since then, the lake has been known as Ho Hoan Kiem or the lake of the Restored Sword.
On as island at the northern part of the lake stands Ngoc Son or Jade Mountain temple, one of the most beautiful and religious site in the capital. The temple was established by a mandarin named Nguyen Van Sieu and is dedicated to the spirits of the soil, medicine, literature, and to Tran Hung Dao, the general who defeated the Mongols in the 13th century. Finish Tour at your Hotel in Hanoi.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
- Day 8: Hanoi – Halong Bay Cruise
This morning we depart from Hanoi on a 3 to 4 hour drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site: Halong Bay. Spend 24 hours on a traditional Junk Cruise in the amazing bay: a natural wonderland composed of jutting limestone islands and sparkling turquoise waters. Arrive at the dock around noon and board your boat. Savor a gourmet lunch of fresh seafood onboard as we sail out into the mystical bay. In the afternoon, cruise around some of Halong is many islands, including Dinh Huong and Ga Choi. Along the way, visit one of the bay’s largest caves – Thien Cung or Heaven Cave. Stop at an island cove with a sheltered white-sand beach and take a dip in the warm waters of the East Sea (Bien Dong) (weather permitting). Pass the night lulled to sleep by the gentle rocking of calm waters.
Meals: B, L, D
- Day 9: Halong Bay Cruise – Flight to Hue
Awake early and participate in Tai Chi on the top deck or simply relax and enjoy the sunrise over the bay’s towering islands. Enjoy a morning cup of coffee or tea, before setting out to explore nearby islands by rowboat. Return to the junk for breakfast then take advantage of the sundeck and admire the amazing rock formations of Bai Tu Long Bay as we navigate back to Halong City. Have lunch on board the boat before returning to Halong pier. Our driver will meet you at the dock and take you to Noi Bai airport for your flight to Hue. Upon arrival to Phu Bai Airport in Hue, our driver and guide will meet you and transport you to your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hue
- Day 10: Hue – Visit the Citadel
Spend an entire day touring the Vietnam’s former ancient capital. The massive Kinh Thanh Citadel is the most well-known and iconic site in Hue. Begun in 1805 by Emperor Gia Long, it is actually a sprawling complex comprised of the Imperial City, several museums, lakes, and lovely gardens, all laid out in a series of concentric circles. We also visit the Forbidden Purple City, originally built in the early 1800s for the personal use of the emperor and staffed by eunuchs who posed no threat to the royal concubines. Nearly destroyed in the Tet Offensive, the ruins today house the Royal Library and the grounds flourish with mimosa plants and vegetable gardens.
In the afternoon, continue on your tour stopping at the vibrant Dong Ba riverside market.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hue
- Day 11: Hue – Drive to Da Nang – Hoi An
Board a boat for a trip on the Perfume River to visit the towering Thien Mu Pagoda, one of the most famous Vietnamese landmarks. Differing legends explain how the pagoda came to be - one tells of an old woman who instructed Lord Hoang Nguyen in 1601 to walk contemplatively along the river with a lit incense stick and to build a city at the spot where the incense stopped burning. We then take a short drive into a lush valley of the river where seven tombs were built for seven Nguyen emperors. Each is an expression of the unique personality of the man whose remains it holds and each is comprised of three elements: a temple dedicated to the worship of the deceased emperor and his queen, a stone stele that records the biographical and historical high points of his life, and the royal tomb itself. We will visit the tombs of emperors Minh Mang before start transfer to Hoi An Town.
Travel through Hai Van Tunnels, longest highway tunnels in South East Asia, stop en route in Da Nang for a visit to the Cham Museum and handicraft villages at the foot of Marble Mountain. Arrive in the riverside town, Hoi An, in the late afternoon, check in at the hotel and then enjoy the rest of the evening- at your leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hoi An
- Day 12: Hoi An – Da Nang – Saigon
Have breakfast at the hotel then drive to the airport to catch your flight to Vietnam’s modern metropolis: Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City). Arrive in the late morning and enjoy an orientation tour through Ho Chi Minh City’s bustling streets en route to the hotel. Have lunch at a downtown restaurant of your choice then set out on a guided city tour. In the afternoon we will visit such sites as the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Old Post Office and Ben Thanh Market. Enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure.
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon
- Day 13: Saigon – Cai Be – Vinh Long – Can Tho
You will be picking up at hotel, then enjoying 4 hours boat trip and rowing boat trip in small canals to visit An Binh Island. Have a short walk around village, visit some local workshops, coconut factory and ancient house.
Lunch is served at a local garden restaurant. Continue boat trip to Vinh Long then drive to Can Tho. Arrive there around mid-noon. Free for night discovery in Can Tho.
Overnight in Can Tho City.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Can Tho
- Day 14: Mekong Delta – Saigon
After Breakfast at hotel, take a motorboat to visit Cai Rang – the most fascinating floating market where we can see all trading activities in Mekong River.
Continue to fruit garden. Walking around to see the colorful local life.
Before heading back to Saigon, we will visit Binh Thuy Ancient house which was chosen as one of the recording sites for the romantic film L’ Amant ( The Lover) of producer J. Annaud.
Lunch is served enroute.
Back Ho Chi Minh around 5:00 PM
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Hotel in Saigon
- Day 15: Saigon Departure
Have breakfast at the hotel then enjoy a free morning. Our driver will transfer you to Tan Son Nhat International airport for your departure flight.
- Day 16: Siem Reap Departure
Free at your leisure until be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. Room is at your disposal until noon time. Meals on your own. End of services.
- Special request: provide upon request
- What to bring: passport, camera, good shoes + personal medicines
- Transport: A/C vehicles with complementary water
- Flight: Economy class
- Child under 2 years old: surcharge 20% flight ticket
- Child from 2 to under 8: surcharge 50% flight ticket
- Maximum 01 child sharing room with 2 adults
- Train: Deluxe tourist class, 4 pax/cabin
- Room plan: twin/double sharing (triple upon request)
- Accommodations: subject to change due to tour option and availability at the time of booking.
- Vietnam Visa: required for most of foreigner tourists, contact us if you need visa support.
- Holiday surcharge: 10% for Christmas, New Year and Vietnamese Lunar New Year
- Prebooking: Contact us before booking if you are solo travelers or want triple room or have different arrival/departure time
Standard package: 2* hotels, 2* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Superior package: 3* hotels, 3* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Deluxe package: 4* hotels, 4* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Luxury package: 5* hotels (or 4*++), 5* cruises + homestay/bungalow (if any)
Questions & Answers
9.3Based on 1 reviews
Value for money
30 Jan 2019