What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Land tour
Mekong Delta Two-day Tour let you go deeper into the palm jungle of the Mekong to see more of the traditional rural life of this fascinating area. Highlights of the trip are visits to local farms and houses to learn how people live along the river, and to Cao Dai Temple and Buddhist pagoda to see the diversity of religions in Vietnam. Join us for an enjoyable time in Vietnam.
- Two-day trip to explore the old-world river life of the Mekong with speed boat
- Bike ride on the peaceful alleys of the Unicorn Island full of shady fruit trees
- Cruise trip to discover Cai Be floating market, brick atelier and various workshops
- Rowboat trip along small canals of the Delta surrounded by thousands of coconut palms
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Car, Speed Boat
- Price Includes
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Speedboat from/to Saigon
- Accommodation: The Island Lodge
- FOC: cold towers, refreshments and local fruit
- Meals as mentioned (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Price Excludes
- Gratuity, tips
- Personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1 : Ho Chi Minh – Can Giuoc – Mekong Delta regions - The Island Lodge hotel
8:00 AM: Your guide will meet you at the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City pier.
8:15 AM: The boat departs and you slip away from downtown Saigon via narrow canals and enter the verdant green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast is served on board.
9:00 AM: Visit Can Giuoc riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish. Great photo opportunities!
10:00 AM: Enjoy a brief stop at the Pagoda, while your guide explains the importance of Buddhism to many people of the Delta.
10:30 AM: Reach the idyllic watery expanses of the Delta itself, known as the Delta of Nine Dragons for the 9 tributaries that splinter from the main Mekong River.
12:00 PM: Visit a brick atelier to see how locals still use traditional technologies to make bricks.
12:30 PM: Take a ride on “xe loi”, a traditional transport used in the villages of the Mekong Delta.
1:00 PM: Have a delicious lunch at a local riverside restaurant.
2:00 PM: Continue your xe loi ride and visit a weaving workshop. Board a boat and go through small canals to reach a coconut candy workshop.
3:00 PM: Arrive to the boutique hotel The Island Lodge. Relax by the river, chill at the pool or take a bike ride on the peaceful alleys of the Unicorn Island full of shady fruit trees. If the Island Lodge hotel is fully booked, we offer the guests to stay at the same-range Mekong Riverside boutique hotel.
In the evening have a delicious dinner specially cooked for you by a French chef of the Island Lodge or enjoy a traditional dinner prepared with the products from the organic garden and the fish farm of Mekong Riverside boutique hotel.
Accommodation: The Island Lodge hotel/ Mekong Riverside boutique hotel
- Day 2: Island Lodge - Cai Be - Ho Chi Minh
9:00 AM: Have breakfast at the hotel and depart the hotel to continue exploring the Delta.
9:45 AM: Visit Cai Be floating market to see how locals run their trading business on the river.
11:15 AM: Enjoy a rowboat trip along small canals of the Delta surrounded by thousands of coconut palms.
1:00 PM: Visit a fish farm to see how the fish is raised in the Mekong Delta
1:30 PM: Stop at a riverside restaurant to have a delicious Vietnamese lunch.
2:30 PM: Return to the speedboat and depart for Ho Chi Minh City.
4:30 PM: Arrive back in Saigon. Staff will return you to your hotel by car.
- Children under 12 year olds: US$200/ pax
- Children from 12 year olds: as adult
- Due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly
- There are two main routes for the tour after you depart the market, depending on the tour guide and water level
- Dress code: Proper wear is strongly recommended when visiting Cao Dai Temple and pagodas.
Questions & Answers
9.2Based on 4 reviews
Value for money
04 Nov 2018
Both my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this trip. Taking the speedboat is a great experience in itself and allows you to see aspects of HCMC that are in accessable by other means. The staff were were very professional and provided a great level of service. The tour of the countryside was very informative and gave your a great insight into life in rural Vietnam. Breakfast is provided on the boat so I'd recommend skipping breakfast before you go. Lunch is also provided which was delicious and plentiful.
12 Oct 2018
Visiting the Mekong Delta by high speed boat is a must - getting there is really interesting as you pass by lots of different suburbs of Saigon (some of the poorer areas are an eye opener). The small group was great and we were looked after really well by our two hosts (who both spoke good English). The snacks, drinks and lunch was all excellent and the stops we made were informative and friendly - well worth the money
07 Oct 2018
Our tour guide arrived to our hotel on time. He was very knowledgeable about the people, culture & area in general. He also had a great sense of humor. We were well fed & had plenty of cold water, sodas & ice tea to drink. They even provided rain ponchos for us when it started to rain. The whole experience was wonderful & the attention to detail was much appreciated. We would highly recommend this boat tour experience.
06 Oct 2018
This is an excellent trip. You can do the same thing much cheaper by taking the bus tour but this was a lovely way to travel by river and see the sights and no traffic hold-up. The boat goes quite fast so staying cool is not a problem. You are pampered with light refreshments while in the boat. Our guide was excellent.