What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Land tour
This is one of the most popular tours to explore Mekong Delta in 3 days. With this tour, tourist will have chance to visit 2 famous floating markets in Mekong Delta area including Cai Rang and Phong Dien Markets. In addition, there are many exciting tour activities and sightseeing places for those who seeking for a closer look to local culture in Mekong Delta River.
- Visit the best of Mekong Delta region
- Daily departure group tour from Saigon
- Boat trips to visit island/islet/floating village
- Chance to learn more about local culture and their daily life
- 2 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Shuttle bus, Cruise
- Price Includes
- Entrance fees
- Round trip transfer
- Security premium
- Meals as indicated in itinerary
- English speaking guide
- Boat trip on Mekong Delta
- Tours and activities as stated above
- Hotel accommodation (3*) and homestay
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Extra food and beverages
- Tips and personal expenses
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: HCMC - My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho
7:30-8:00: Pick up at hotel in Ho Chi Minh city
Leave Ho Chi Minh city, enjoy the scenic journey along the way bordered by green rice fields. On arrival at My Tho, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, take a leisurely boat ride along the river, view stilt houses, fruit plantations and fishing villages along the river bank. Proceed to Tortoise islet, have lunch in the orchard garden. Then a boat ride to An Khanh – a less touristy attraction in Ben Tre, enjoy cruising on a hand-rowed sampan under the shade of water coconut trees along natural canals, then enjoy seasonal fruit & honey tea to the sound of "Southern Vietnamese folk music", performed by the locals. Visit a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle, taste delicious coconut candy & observe the pastoral life as you roam through the fruit plantations and villages. Proceed to Can Tho. Overnight in the hotel (family home-stay with dinner can be arranged on request). Free time to visit the bustling Can Tho market.
Option 1 : Stay in a hotel in Can Tho
Check into your hotel on arrival at Can Tho. Free to explore the city on your own in the evening. Overnight at your chosen hotel in Can Tho.
Option 2 : Homestay (D)
Transfer by motorboat to a small village in Cai Rang district. Check into your riverside cottage. In the afternoon, go cycling or trekking around the village to experience the rural lifestyle of the Mekong Delta people. Time to self-cooked dinner and enjoy it together with the local host. Enjoy an evening of traditional folk music with your neighbors. Overnight in your riverside cottage.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Hotel/ Homestay/ Bungalow
- Day 2: Can Tho - Chau Doc - Tra Su Sanctuary
Take a leisurely boat trip to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong river (Bassac River), then proceed to Cai Rang floating markets (& Phong Dien is optional), which are the liveliest in the whole religion.
Have you ever tasted Vietnamese vermicelli soup? Well, now go and see how it is made. Then wander around the village and meet the friendly local people and experience how to pass a "Monkey bridge" which is built by only one stem of bamboo. Visit the orchard garden. Stop for lunch. Proceed to Chau Doc, continue the tour to visit Tra Su, getting to the wild birds Sanctuary, cruising smoothly with small boats to discover the arrays of splendid canals deep into the forest, watching storks, cranes and other tropical birds. Back to the Town, hotel check in. Overnight in Chau Doc.
Meals: B, L
- Day 3: Chau Doc - HCM
After breakfast, take a nice boat trip through the floating village to visit a fish farm to see how the Mekong Delta people raise fish in their floating houses. Visit the Cham minority with their traditional weaving village, followed by a local Islamic Mosque.
Trip back to Ho Chi Minh city. End at the office.
- If your hotel is located on some streets such as Pham Ngu Lao, De Tham, Bui Vien, Cong Quynh: We can offer free pickup at the hotel (we will reconfirm pickup address possibility and time after the booking is made). Other places: come to the meeting point (220 De Tham, district 1) for pickup at 7:30 AM.
- Option homestay/bungalow in the 1st day included dinner
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
10.0Based on 2 reviews
Value for money
01 Jul 2016
We started off from the hotel at about 8:00 am and took the bus to the port area. From there we boarded a motor boat where we got to the island. We rode small boats with paddles and walked in narrow waterways surrounded by thick trees. The tour guide told us that these narrow passages were used during the war to transport the supplies. The soldiers move as the high trees surrounding them provide the required cover so that the planes do not reveal them. We then arrived at a small popular market where the people make soap, oils and some preparations from the coconut. Also sold in the market are some local products such as honey and wood carvings and then moved to another place - also by boat - to a cafe amidst a forest of trees where some teams of girls The folkloric songs then we moved to another place for lunch and it was a charming place we enjoyed so much. I was accompanied by a Vietnamese friend, a young couple from America, a family of Wales, a man and a woman I thought of Australia. The most important six hours was filled with beautiful views and exploring places in the heart of the Vietnamese countryside.
29 Nov 2014
For any traveler going to Vietnam, going to the delta of the Mekong River is an unforgettable adventure. It is a river delta that forms when the Mekong River flows into the sea of China. It is located west of Ho Chi Minh. You go through part of the river in different types of boats according to the areas in which you navigate and that is where the flow of life of the villagers is. Your life depends on the river and you will see floating houses, shops on the waters and floating markets that They offer all kinds of products, especially fish, fruits, rice and vegetables. An unforgettable experience