What you’ll get
Duration : 1 day
Departure : Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Friends, Family, All of people
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88HEP04
The Perfume pagoda is one of the highlights of the Hanoi area and one of the most important religious sites in Buddhist Vietnam. Every spring, after the Vietnamese New Year, thousands of Vietnamese pilgrims come here to pray for all the health and prosperity they need to get them through the year. The pagoda itself is situated in a huge cave built into limestone cliffs and can only be reached by boat as there are no roads. You glide along scenic waterways and walk up steep mountain paths, visiting the pagodas and temples built in this area over the centuries.
- Enjoying a local lunch near Thien Tru pagoda
- A scenic boat trip down the Yen river between dramatic limestone cliffs
- Visiting the beautiful Pagoda and Cave and learning more about religion and society in Vietnam
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Private tour price
Size : N/A
Bed size: N/A
Price for Private tour price
Choose date to show price
Recommend for you
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 1 Lunch
- A/C shuttle bus
- Price Includes
- English speaking guide
- Drinking water during the trip
- All transportation and transfers
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Price Excludes
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Pre & Post trip accommodation in Hanoi
- Food & drink not mentioned in the itinerary
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Hanoi centre - Duc village - Yen river - Thien Tru Pagoda - Giai Oan Pagoda - Tuyet Son Pagoda - Thien Tru pagoda - Hanoi centre
Departing Hanoi we have a two-hour drive through the picturesque countryside and back roads to the village of Duc for some refreshments before boarding our boats for a 1.5-hour ride along the scenic Yen river, surrounded by dramatic limestone cliffs.
After this we walk to the Thien Tru Pagoda (Heaven’s Kitchen) and the Perfume cave and pagoda - an hours walk in total.
On our way back we visit Giai Oan and Tuyet Son pagodas.
Lunch will be at one of the little food stalls near Thien Tru pagoda.
After lunch, the boat will take us back to our bus for the drive back to Hanoi.
We arrive in Hanoi around 18.30.
Questions & Answers
9.4Based on 39 reviews
Value for money9.4
03 Jun 2019
It was was a nice day out. Our tour guide Quang was great. He was energetic and fun. He also played traditional Vietnamese music for us, added a surprise culture experience. The places visited are beautiful, activities are fun.
24 May 2019
The tour was very well-run, on-time, and a lot of fun! They took us to one of the ancient imperial capitals, a river that runs through limestone mountains and rice paddies, and on a nice bike ride. Hannah was a great tour guide and everyone else on the trip was nice to meet!
15 May 2019
My husband and I booked this tour on a private basis so that it would be just the two us in a car and not on a bus with lots of other people. We thought we'd be more comfortable this way and would be able to have adjustments made to the schedule if necessary. Our tour guide was really great. He was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and helpful and made the day interesting and fun. But he also understood and respected our limitations (we didn't want to climb the mountain or do the bike ride) so he came up with alternatives and was very patient and understanding. We had a great day. It was hot but our guide had water for us and the car was nice and comfortable. The boat ride on the river was the highlight, it was such good fun. Highly recommend this if you have time for a day trip. It was very good value for money, even as a private tour.
23 Apr 2019
We went on the Hoa Tu-Tam Coc tour and it was really good. Very well organized and the guide Toan had great English. He made everything interesting with his stories. The food was better than expected with lots of choices. The only thing I didn't like was that there were lots of mosquitoes on the bus!
19 Apr 2019
On the trip to the perfume pagoda you travel by boat to the base of the mountain. Then have a cable car ride to the summit. There are still plenty of steps to climb to reach the cave. Once inside the cave there are many stalagmites and stalactites to see. Plenty of places sell refreshments if you visit on a hot day. There are thousands of boats but we visited on a quiet day so they were nearly all moored up and empty. Some boats have shade but most don't so take an umbrella. I would advise the cable car ride as the walk up the mountain is not what you would expect