What you’ll get
Duration : 3 days 2 nights
Departure : Phu Quoc
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Experience both water landscape along Mekong river and beauty of Phu Quoc island within 3 days on Gecko Eyes cruise. Join our trip, you will have chance to watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people, explore Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets, and visit the pearl island. Let's join us for an enjoyable memory!
- Sightseeing the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people
- Exploring Cai Be or Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets
- Taking part in exciting activities including biking around Mekong villages, rowing boat, visiting orchard gardens
- 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- A/C private transfer, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin
- Price Includes
- Road transfer from Saigon
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Guided side trips as mentioned in the itinerary
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- English speaking guide on the cruise vessel and side trips
- Shuttle to Rach Gia and ferry from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc
- For the direction Phu Quoc — Saigon, shuttle transfer from Rach Gia to the departure point of cruise
- Price Excludes
- Tips and personal expenses
- Drinks (except for breakfast and the mineral water in your cabin)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by Asia Travel Package
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 50% of adult's fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 4 to under 8 years old: 75% of adult's fare and using his own bed (on request)
- Over 8 years old: 100% of adult's fare and using his own bed.
- Day 1: Panorama Cruise
In the morning we pick you up at your hotel (district 1 and parts of district 3) in Saigon and take you to Cai Be (approx. two hours drive). You board the wooden cruise boat around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided tour to Xeo Qyut. In the province of Dong Thap lays the forest of Xeo Quit. Here, in the middle of the dense forest area was a former headquarters of the Provincial Party Committee during the Vietnam war.
After Xeo Qyut you will explore Sa Dec, a small, sleepy town in the Dong Thap province and it was the original setting of the autobiographical novel “The Lover” by Marguerite Duras. This romantic and charming little town still isn’t very touristy and a true hidden gem in the Mekong delta.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Gecko Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Life on the water and floating markets
Wake up well rested to the sound of the River and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing. At 6.30h the boat sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, visit of the morning market in Sa Dec. If you like you can go shopping with the chef and take part in a cooking lesson on board. Once the boat resumes its journey, you travel through small channels towards Can Tho (or Cai Be). In the afternoon there is the option of a land excursion either by bicycle or on foot and visit of a small village, a stroll through.
You can enjoy another relaxing evening and night about your river cruiser.
Meals: B, L, D
Accommodation: Gecko Eyes Cruise
- Day 3: Cai Rang Floating Market and Transfer to Phu Quoc
After morning tea and an early start through the glorious morning atmosphere on the river we will visit the famous floating market of Cai Rang. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits and vegetables. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants.
Directly after visiting the floating market our shuttle takes you to the waterfront town of Rach Gia and to the pier for the ferry to the holiday paradise of Phu Quoc (lunch box on the way).
The tour ends here. We will be happy to help you book a resort on the island and organize your trip back to Saigon.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Gecko Eyes Cruise
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.6Based on 5 reviews
Value for money
30 Dec 2018
Hammer Tour, the ship really looks like the pictures and the cabins are awesome. We were able to sleep very well, seeing the village was awesome and we had plenty of time to just sit outside on the boat and enjoy the ride and surroundings. Highly recommended (the ferry to Phu Quoc was not so great here we would take the plane next time but from Saigon)
08 Dec 2018
Awesome trip if you want to get a full connection with nature. Excellent to get in touch with vietnamise culture I guess it’s a must see in ho chi min!
28 Oct 2018
I was very glad to have chosen particularly this program as it is amazing! Breathtaking views, still and sometimes rushy waters of Mekong rivers brought me immense joy. I highly recommend this to every tourist. You won’t regret!
28 Aug 2018
We love this tour so much. Excellent value for money. Some really fascinating sights. Loved the sampan trip too, kinda wish it was longer. Lunch was very good as well. A few opportunities to buy souvenirs and none of that nonsense of forcing them on you, was pretty chill! Would definitely do it again!
17 Feb 2017
We really had a great trip , went on 3 different boats , very interesting and well planned trip .the food was great and the guide did a wonderful job.