What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 1 night
Departure : Daily from Hanoi Old Quarter
Suitable : Active traveler, Family, Friends, Honey moon couple
Type : Land tour
Product Code : T88WAT02
This tour will bring you to the village of Lao Chai, Ta Van, and Dzang Ta Chai in the beautiful Muong Hoa Valley, and Sapa town. You will trek for 2 days through the various villages and experience charming Sapa. Please come and join us!
- Visit groups of ethnic people in the North West of Vietnam with a rich culture and beautiful houses
- Walk to the rice paddy fields and have a nice photo session of the amazing surrounding landscapes
- Have chance to contemplate the beauty of northwest mountains with terraced fields sparkling in sunlight or dim in fog
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Suttle bus
- Homestay - 1 night
- Price Includes
- All entrance tickets to indicated sites
- Modern bus in Sapa with experienced drivers
- Meals with local dishes as indicated in itinerary
- English speaking tour guide during the tour
- Single basic bed with mosquito net at homestay
- Modern air – conditioning bus with comfortable seats from Hanoi – Sapa and return
- Price Excludes
- Surcharge for New Year, Luna New Year, Christmas
- Insurance, visas
- Other personal expenses (tip, drinks with meals,...)
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 45 days prior to trip departure: No charge (Full refund will be made but transaction fee will be paid by you).
- 30-45 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 15-29 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 7-14 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 7 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- The above fees are subject to an added bank transaction fee.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 90% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: Hanoi - Sapa - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van
6:30 - 7:00 – Get picked up from your hotel in Hanoi to depart for Sapa via the new highway with a comfortable short break.
13:00 – Arrive at Sapa town and be amazed by the colorful traditional costumes of H’mong, Dzao, Tay ethnic people. Enjoy welcome drinks and itinerary briefing. Then, have lunch with local Vietnamese dishes before the hotel check-in.
14:15 – Take a short drive to Y Linh Ho village and then start hiking through the rice terraces along Muong Hoa Stream to Lao Chai, the village of Black H’mong minority. Here you will enjoy the spectacular landscape of Hoang Lien Son mountain ranges. In the late afternoon, continue trekking to visit Ta Van village, which is the home of Tay minority. The trekking distance is about 9km and the duration is 3½ hours.
17:45 – It’s time to check into the homestay. Experience the rustic lifestyle of the local and watch the sun setting in the mountainous region. In the evening, enjoy the local bar nearby or socialize with other tourists then overnight at homestay.
Meals: L, D
- Day 2: Ta Van - Giang Ta Chai - Sapa - Hanoi
8:00 – Enjoy the breakfast prepared by the host family and start a new day with more hiking.
8:45 – Keep walking through the rice paddies where you have a nice photo session with the amazing surrounding landscapes. After passing a bamboo forest, you will arrive at Giang Ta Chai village – the home of Red Dzao minority. The total trekking distance is about 4km and the duration is roughly 2 hours.
11:00 – Exit the village via Giang Ta Chai Bridge to reach the main road where the driver is waiting to transfer you back to Sapa town.
12:00 - 15:00 – Have lunch and a short break inSapa town.
15:00 – Meet all other group members at the hotel to get ready for the bus to return to Hanoi.
21:00 - 22:00 – Arrive in Hanoi city. The tour ends.
Meals: B, L
- Old people should not attend the long trek (9 km) due to its challenge and danger in case of rain Handicapped people and children under 6 years old should not attend this tour
- Homestay is totally different from hotel due to its basic and simple facilities
Compare with other products
Questions & Answers
9.5Based on 3 reviews
Value for money
08 Oct 2018
This is a great tour. I only wish I had stayed for another night! Our guide was amazing. She was knowledgeable, kind and funny. The trek was pretty easy the first day and then a little bit harder the second but, I’d say it’s still not too difficult overall. The homestay was really nice with a delicious breakfast with crêpes. I would highly recommend this trip to everyone.
17 Jun 2018
We completed the two day trekking adventure to villages around Sapa. Our guide Say May was fantastic. Her genuine care for her culture, her knowledge and willingness to share and care for us was of the best quality. The scenery is breathtaking. Food is fresh and terrific. SaPa Trekking is for the good off-road walkers.
25 Jun 2016
The trip to Sapa from Hanoi was a great expierence and shows you a different view from Vietnam. You're up in the mountains the view is great, the local people, the way of life, you can experience this all during this trip. We've done 2 trekkings, one each day, which were very tricky through the raining weather conditions earlier on the week. So the path we needed to follow was all muddy what made it extra hard. The homestay was superb. You meet al lot of people, enjoy the food, drink some rise wine before going to bed. The next morning the breakfast is good to get started for another tough day. Again the view was amazing (we had Sunshine that day). The guide we had kept up a high pace of walking through the mountains, explained things along the way and answered your questions. Overall we had a great time at Sapa